Website Privacy Statement
Privacy Statement Effective as of 11th June, 2014
sidebardock and its affiliates (“sidebardock ” or the “Software”) are committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who visit the Software’s Web sites and individuals who register to use the Services as defined below. This Web Site Privacy Statement describes the Software’s privacy practices in relation to the use of the Software’s Web sites and the related applications and services offered by sidebardock under the “sidebardock ”, (sidebardock ) and which applications and services are accessible via the Software Web site listed below (the “Services”). To learn more about the Software’s privacy practices relating to content that has been made publicly available on the Internet and that is accessed, used and maintained in connection with the provision of the Services, please visit the Indexed Content Privacy Statement.
1. Web Sites Covered This Privacy Statement covers the information practices of Web sites that link to this Privacy Statement, including Error! Hyperlink reference not valid. (collectively referred to as the “Software’s Web sites”). The Software’s Web sites may contain links to other Web sites. The information practices or the content of such other Web sites are governed by the privacy statements of such other Web sites. The Software encourages you to review the privacy statements of other Web sites to understand their information practices.
2. Information Collected sidebardock may collect individually-identifiable information (“Personal Information”) from individuals who visit the Software’s Web site (“Web Site Visitors”) and individuals who register to use the Services (“Customers”). When expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about the Services or registering to use the Services, sidebardock requires you to provide the personal contact information, such as name, Software name, address, phone number, and email address (“Required Contact Information”). When purchasing the Services, sidebardock may require you to provide the Software with financial qualification and billing information, such as billing name and address, credit card number, and the number of employees within the organization that will be using the Services (“Billing Information”). sidebardock may also ask you to provide, or otherwise allow you to share, additional information, which you may choose to share in your registration for or use of the Services (“Optional Information”). Required Contact Information, Billing Information, and Optional Information about Customers are referred to collectively as “Data About Customers”. As you navigate the Software’s Web sites or use the Services, sidebardock may also collect information through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and Web beacons (“Web Site Navigational Information”). Web Site Navigational Information includes standard information from your Web browser (such as browser type and browser language), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, HTTP header information, and the actions you take on the Software’s Web sites (such as the Web pages viewed and the links clicked). For additional information about the collection of Web Site Navigational Information by sidebardock and others, please review Section 4 of this statement.
3. Use of Information Collected The Software uses Data About Customers to perform the services requested. For example, if you fill out a enquiry form, the Software will use the information provided to contact you about your interest in the Services. The Software may also use Data About Customers for marketing purposes. For example, the Software may use information you provide to contact you to further discuss your interest in the Services and to send you information regarding the Software, its affiliates, and its partners, such as information about promotions or events. Please view the Communications Preferences section of this Privacy Statement to control how your respective Data About Customers is used for marketing purposes. sidebardock uses Billing Information solely to check your financial qualifications and collect payment for the Services. sidebardock uses Web Site Navigational Information to operate and improve the Software’s Web sites. The Software may also use Web Site Navigational Information alone or in combination with Data About Customers to provide personalized information about the Software and the Services. For additional information about the use of Web Site Navigational Information, please review Section 4 of this statement. sidebardock may use both Data About Customers and Web Site Navigational Information to enforce the Software’s Web site policies, or to protect the Software’s rights and intellectual property or the rights of others using the Software’s Web sites or the Services.
4. Web Site Navigational Information sidebardock uses commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and Web beacons, to collect information from your computer or mobile device as you navigate the Software’s Web sites, interact with e-mails sent by the Software on its own behalf, or use the Services (“Web Site Navigational Information”), . This section describes the types of Web Site Navigational Information used on the Software’s Web sites and in connection with the Services, and how this information may be used.
IP Addresses and URLs Due to Internet communications standards, when you visit or use the Software’s Web sites, we automatically receive the URL of the Web site from which you came and the Web site to which you go when you leave the Software’s Web site. We also receive your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system, the type of Web browser you are using, and your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This information is used to analyze overall trends to help us improve the Service and to track and aggregate non-personal information. For example, sidebardock uses IP addresses to monitor the regions from which Customers and Web Site Visitors navigate the Software’s Web sites.
5. Public Forums, Refer a Friend, and Customer Testimonials sidebardock may provide bulletin boards, blogs, or chat rooms on the Software’s Web sites. Any Personal Information you choose to submit in such a forum may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums, and may be used to send you unsolicited messages. sidebardock is not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit in these forums. Customers and Web Site Visitors may elect to use the Software’s referral program to inform friends about the Software’s Web sites and the Services. When using the referral program, the Software requests the friend’s name and email address. sidebardock will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Software’s Web sites, or will share with them via email the information you have requested to be shared. sidebardock does not store this information. sidebardock posts a list of Customers and testimonials on the Software’s Web sites that contain information such as Customer names and titles of Customer personnel. sidebardock obtains the consent of each Customer prior to posting any information on such a list or posting testimonials.
6. Sharing of Information Collected Service Providers sidebardock may share Data About Customers with the Software’s contracted service providers, such as payment processors, so that these service providers can provide services on our behalf. Without limiting the foregoing, sidebardock may also share Data About Customers with the Software’s service providers to ensure the quality of information provided, and with third-party social networking and media Web sites, such as Facebook, for marketing and advertising on those Web sites. Unless described in this Privacy Statement, sidebardock does not share, sell, rent, or trade any information with third parties for their promotional purposes. Business Partners From time to time, sidebardock may partner with other companies to jointly offer products or services. If you purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly-offered product or service from the site, the Software may share Data About Customers collected in connection with your purchase or expression of interest with our joint promotion partner(s). sidebardock does not control our business partners’ use of the Data About Customers, and their use of the information will be in accordance with their own privacy policies. If you do not wish for your information to be shared in this manner, you may opt not to purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly offered product or service. Third Parties This Privacy Statement sets forth the information sidebardock collects on the Software’s Web sites and the information we share with third parties. sidebardock does not authorize the collection of personal information by third parties through advertising technologies deployed on the Software's Web sites, nor do we share personal information with any third parties collected from the Software's Web sites, except as provided in this Privacy Statement. Section 4 of this Privacy Statement, Web Site Navigational Information, specifically addresses the information we collect through cookies and web beacons, and how you can control cookies through your Web browsers. Billing sidebardock may use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use Billing Information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on the Software’s behalf. Compelled Disclosure sidebardock reserves the right to use or disclose information provided if required by law or if the Software reasonably believes that use or disclosure is necessary to protect the Software’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process. 7. Customer Data As part of using our Services, Customers may submit electronic data or information to the Services (“Customer Data”) which may include Personal Information. The Software generally has no direct relationship with the individuals to whom Customer Data may pertain, which we process on the behalf of our Customers. Any uses of Customer Data by the Software are done so pursuant to the Software’s Terms of Service or a subscription agreement in place between the Software and the relevant Customer (or his/her organization), which exclusively govern the Software’s treatment of Customer Data and supersede this Privacy Statement in case of conflict, or as required by law. If Personal Information pertaining to you as an individual has been submitted to us by a Customer as Customer Data and you wish to exercise any rights you may have to access, correct, amend, or delete such data, please inquire with the Customer (or his/her organization) directly. If an authorized Customer requests that we update or remove the data in question and the Customer has no ability to do so via use of the Services, we will acknowledge their request within 30 days Additional information about the Software’s privacy and security practices with respect to Customer Data is available here.
8. Changes to this Privacy Statement You acknowledge that sidebardock as a brand name (trading name) and as a software is the property of Howard Software Limited, a UK based company. All rights and decisions making ability on behalf of sidebardock are exclusively reserved to Howard Software Limited including the right to change this Privacy Statement. sidebardock will provide notification of the material changes to this Privacy Statement through the Software’s Web sites at least thirty (30) business days prior to the change taking effect.
9. Contacting Us Questions regarding this Privacy Statement or the information practices of the Software’s Web sites should be directed to sidebardock Privacy at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing sidebardock